Le versioni arabe dei Profeti
Preferred CitationVaccari, Alberto. “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti.” Biblica 2 (1921): 401–24.
A discussion of the Arabic version of the (Major) prophets in the Paris and London Polyglots. The author adds several additional text witnesses to this version and argues that the name of the author is al-ʿAlam (which previously was taken as the attribut "the knowledgeable"). Vaccari further discusses the translator, time of composition as well as the date of the original Greek manuscript used as source text and offers reproductions from Isaiah 44 and 45, as well as some notes on translation techniques employed in it.
Full Citation Information
Title: Le versioni arabe dei Profeti
Date of Publication: 1921
About this Online Entry
- Ronny Vollandt, general editor, Biblia Arabica
- Ronny Vollandt and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, Biblia Arabica
- Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributor, “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti”
- Adrian Binder, entry contributor, “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti”
- Miriam L. Hjälm, entry contributor, “Le versioni arabe dei Profeti”
- Record added to Zotero by Nathan P. Gibson
- Record edited in Zotero by Adrian Binder
- Primary editing by Miriam L. Hjälm