The Jeremias of Pethion ibn Ayyūb al-Sahhār
Preferred CitationFrank, Richard M. “The Jeremias of Pethion Ibn Ayyūb Al-Sahhār.” Catholic Biblical Quarterly 2, no. 21 (1959): 136–70.
Discusses the Syriac-based Arabic translation of Jeremiah attributed to a certain Faṯyūn (Pethiōn) ibn Ayyūb: it offers a classification of extant manuscripts, a discussion of style and translation techniques, as well as a reproduction of Jeremiah 1-6.
Full Citation Information
Title: The Jeremias of Pethion ibn Ayyūb al-Sahhār
Title: Catholic Biblical Quarterly
Date of Publication: 1959
About this Online Entry
- Ronny Vollandt, general editor, Biblia Arabica
- Ronny Vollandt and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, Biblia Arabica
- Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributor, “The Jeremias of Pethion ibn Ayyūb al-Sahhār”
- Adrian Binder, entry contributor, “The Jeremias of Pethion ibn Ayyūb al-Sahhār”
- Miriam L. Hjälm, entry contributor, “The Jeremias of Pethion ibn Ayyūb al-Sahhār”
- Record added to Zotero by Nathan P. Gibson
- Record edited in Zotero by Adrian Binder
- Primary editing by Miriam L. Hjälm