The Bible Text of Theodore Abu Kurra
Preferred CitationTritton, Arthur S. “The Bible Text of Theodore Abu Kurra.” Journal of Theological Studies 34 (1933): 52–54.
Compares Theodore Abū Qurra's quotations from the Old and New Testaments with versions in different sources languages. Concludes that he does not seem to have had a fixed Arabic text of the Bible from which he quoted, but rather that ad hoc translations were made from memory.
Full Citation Information
Title: The Bible Text of Theodore Abu Kurra
Title: Journal of Theological Studies
Date of Publication: 1933
About this Online Entry
- Ronny Vollandt, general editor, Biblia Arabica
- Ronny Vollandt, editor, Biblia Arabica
- Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributor, “The Bible Text of Theodore Abu Kurra”
- Peter Tarras, entry contributor, “The Bible Text of Theodore Abu Kurra”
- Record added to Zotero by Nathan P. Gibson
- Primary editing by Peter Tarras