من التوراة (1) || From the Pentateuch (1)
Preferred CitationHananu, Malak, and ملك هنانو. “من التوراة (1) || From the Pentateuch (1).” المجمع العلمي العربي 39, no. 2 (1964): 313–34.
The first of three articles on the Pentateuch in Arabic. In this article, the author lists the most known translators of the Pentateuch into Arabic, in addition to the Muslim and Christian authors who quote it, and its most famous printed editions. The author then describes the paleography and codicology of a parchment fragment, exhibiting parts of the Book of Exodus, that belonged to Qubbat al-Khazna, and edits its text, comparing it to several Arabic translations. The fragment is the same as the one found among the Violet's photographs, today preserved at the Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften, cf. BBAW/GCS, Akz.-Nr. 481.26-27.
Full Citation Information
Title: من التوراة (1) || From the Pentateuch (1)
Title: المجمع العلمي العربي
Date of Publication: 1964
About this Online Entry
- Ronny Vollandt, general editor, Biblia Arabica
- Ronny Vollandt and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, Biblia Arabica
- Vevian Zaki, entry contributor, “من التوراة (1) || From the Pentateuch (1)”
- rvollandt, entry contributor, “من التوراة (1) || From the Pentateuch (1)”
- Record added to Zotero by Vevian Zaki
- Record edited in Zotero by rvollandt