Preferred CitationEytan, Eli. “Maṭrūn.” The Jewish Quarterly Review 48, no. 4 (1958): 380.
The author argues that the reading maṭrūn (for Heb. פֶתֶן) in Salmon b. Yeruḥam’s Judaeo-Arabic translation of Ps 58:5 (as in several Mss. of Saadiah’s trans. ad loc.) should be corrected to miṭḥan.
Full Citation Information
Title: The Jewish Quarterly Review
Date of Publication: 1958
About this Online Entry
- Ronny Vollandt, general editor, Biblia Arabica
- Ronny Vollandt and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, Biblia Arabica
- SophiaK, entry contributor, “Maṭrūn”
- Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributor, “Maṭrūn”
- Michael Wechsler, entry contributor, “Maṭrūn”
- Ronny Vollandt, entry contributor, “Maṭrūn”
- Record added to Zotero by SophiaK
- Record edited in Zotero by Nathan P. Gibson
- Primary editing by Michael Wechsler
- Primary editing by Ronny Vollandt